August 18, 2010

another year....



Today, I am a year deeper into this thirtiesgirl life....and of course, being me, I'm in serious reflection.  I don't feel any different of course...but I do realize I am tipping the scale closer to the big 4-0 and further from my 20s.  I'm cool with that.  Really.  Especially since every other day I hear about some youngun' losing their life via sickness, accident...a bullet or four.  I am grateful to be 36.  I would never lie about my age, although a lot of folks tell me I dont look as old as I am.  That's relative.  I will say I still struggle with "the moments".   My mother is always telling me to mind my moments cause they make up my life....her way of saying "RELAX!!!" lol

I admit, I am anal.  Period.  And in this new year of life, I am not going to apologize for it anymore.  I am an idealist and I think things should be a certain way.  In my 36th year, I will not apologize for it.  I am high strung (due to being anal and an idealist).  I accept this fact and will not apologize for it.  I am an analyzer.  I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE FOR IT. 

With that being said, I want to be around for as long as it takes to fulfill plan and purpose i.e. I ain't going out via no heart attack due to stress.  I relish getting OLDER but I don't want to get old, once again, due to stress.  So in this 36th year of my life, I am committed to looking more at the lighter side of life, not taking myself (or anyone else) too seriously, doing those things that bring a smile to my face (and others), surrounding myself with people who feed my life, not drain it.....and I commit to giving and RECEIVING the deepest kind of love possible from every source that comes across my path.  I am committed to NOT worry about my future and who will be in it...big people or little people.

I am a thirtiesgirl....and life is too short for the BS....and that's just keeping it real.  I feel a change coming....and at 36, I'm all for change.  Stay tuned....it's about to get interesting....:-).

bite of the day ~ Live life, one bite at a time.

thirtiesgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment