June 12, 2012

Here's to Lasting Marriages...Good News. Finally!

Today, I decided to read the news online...something I haven't done in awhile.  Quickly, I remembered why.  BAD NEWS.  All around.  The testimonies in the Sandusky case (Penn State Sex abuse scandal....old perv caught humping on a 10 year old in the locker room....poor innocent baby.  I cringe, but um...I couldnt have left without stopping it! Hellooooo Stupid.).  Testimonies in the Marvin Winans assault and grand theft auto case ($20k watch!?!).  Crime Crime CRIME!  Sigh.

My God!  It's disturbing...weighs my spirit down...and I, for one, can do without it.  Thus my partial banishment of the daily news.  But I have to watch it sometimes, because a sista can't walk around ignorant.  When I do decide to expose myself to the happenings in the world, what some would call "fluff" catches my attention.  Actually, I call it encouragement.  Inspirational.  Hopeful.  GOOD NEWS.  Like this piece on Yahoo.com about long lasting Hollywood marriages!  Ahhh.  A sigh of relief.  I needed that.  If they can make it in LA, you can make it...anywhere!  Check it out and tell me it doesn't put a smile on your face....:-).  Hope the link works...first time doing this....Enjoy!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/whoknew-19124225/long-lasting-celebrity-marriages-these-celebrities-defy-the-stereotype-and-actually-stay-married-29623295.html#crsl=%252Fvideo%252Fwhoknew-19124225%252Flong-lasting-celebrity-marriages-these-celebrities-defy-the-stereotype-and-actually-stay-married-29623295.html


thirtiesgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment